Public Charge Things to Know
Services You Receive at Zufall Health Centers Do NOT Count For Public Charge. Public Charge Changes Go Into Effect February 24, 2020.
What is a Public Charge?
A person who is likely to become primarily dependent on the government for financial or material support.
When is Public Charge Assessed?
- When a person applies for a green card.
- When green card holders re-enter after being out of the US for over 6 months.
Which Benefits are Considered?
- Federal, state, or local cash assistance
- Medicaid (with exceptions)
- SNAP (food stamps)
- Public housing assistance
- Supplemental security income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
For more information, visit: https://protectingimmigrantfamilies.org/