Attention Patients! Learn More About New Public Charge Changes
Public Charge Things to Know
Services You Receive at Zufall Health Centers Do NOT Count For Public Charge. Public Charge Changes Go Into Effect February 24, 2020.
What is a Public Charge?
A person who is likely to become primarily dependent on the government for financial or material support.
When is Public Charge Assessed?
- When a person applies for a green card.
- When green card holders re-enter after being out of the US for over 6 months.
Which Benefits are Considered?
- Federal, state, or local cash assistance
- Medicaid (with exceptions)
- SNAP (food stamps)
- Public housing assistance
- Supplemental security income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
For more information, visit: https://protectingimmigrantfamilies.org/