***At this time, Zufall is waiving the co-pays of eligible patients for telemedicine visits due to the coronavirus crisis.
The news about COVID-19 may make you feel anxious about going to the doctor’s office in-person. That’s why our telemedicine program helps patients follow up with their Zufall Health provider using a smartphone, tablet or computer with a webcam. Visits can also be conducted by regular phone for patients without a smartphone, tablet, or computer. It’s an easy way to consult with your health care provider from the safety of your home while avoiding the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other illnesses.
Telemedicine Visit Process
- Make an appointment and request a telemedicine visit from your local Zufall office. You can find a list of Zufall locations and phone numbers, HERE!
- For a video visit, make sure you have access to a smart phone, computer or tablet with a functioning camera and audio.
- Phone-only visits are also available at this time.
- Prior to your telemedicine visit, a Zufall Health staff member will call you to review visit instructions and to ask some pre-screening questions.
- For information regarding the cost of a visit, read our Fees/Insurance page. ***
Tips for an Easy Telemedicine Visit
- Before your visit, make a list of things you want to tell or ask your Provider.
- To keep your discussion confidential, make sure you are in a private room during your visit. A private room also helps you avoid distractions or noises that might make it difficult to hear your Provider.
- Make sure you have enough lighting so the Provider can see you clearly.
- If you have a visit using Doximity (app install NOT required), read these brief instructions on how to join the video call.
- If you have a visit using Zoom on your smart phone or tablet, download the Zoom app. After you download the app, join the virtual visit by clicking the link that is sent to you in a text message.
Download the Zoom App
Having difficulty downloading the Zoom app? Watch the tutorial.
For iPhone Users
For Android Users
Types of Telemedicine Visits
The following is a partial list of conditions that may be attended to with a telemedicine visit:
- Arthritic Pain
- Colds and Flu
- Insect Bites
- Follow up after a face to face appointment
- Evaluation for behavioral issues
- Emotional Health such as anxiety, depression, stress management, abuse, grief/loss, family conflict, parenting, and more
- Strains and sprains
- Musculoskeletal complaints
- Medication questions and adjustments
- Chronic disease follow-up if biometrics are available
Telemedicine Visits are Safe and Secure
Your information and safety are carefully protected when you use telehealth services, just as they would be in an in-person health care provider visit. Through the system, your health care provider has access to your secure electronic medical records. Each transmission is secure and compliant with all traditional privacy regulations.