Somerset Teens Education in Pregnancy Program (STEP) is an ongoing, free, psycho-educational, case-management program for pregnant teen girls (ages 13-19) and their partners in Somerset County, NJ, held in an individual and group format at the schools that they attend.
Participants receive education concerning:
- Healthy pregnancy strategies
- Infant care and development
- Budget planning
- Attaining education and career goals
- Community resources
- Identifying and utilizing a support system
- Post-delivery birth control options
The program is administered by a part-time Coordinator who follows a curriculum that is designed to educate and empower the teens to make healthy decisions for themselves and their unborn children.
For more information, contact Nettie Mendez at 973-998-7310 ext. 307 or by email at email@example.com.